Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Stern

When Howard Stern was on FM radio, I would turn him on every once in awhile. I like Stern, he can be outrageous, but he's okay. While on FM it was clear how much staying power he had, and how much the FCC hated him. When Stern first announced he was moving to Sirius, it was quite a ways from when Stern's actual move with. As a Christmas gift my boyfriend bought my Sirius that year.

Now Stern has been on a year, and I have had access to him the whole time. I like Sirius, I don't listen to it primarily for Stern, but there are people who do. On October 4th News.com reported the figures. Sirius now has 5.1 Million Subscriptions, more than double from last year.

BloggingStocks.com reported another story about the effect of Stern. They said, "data polled on 9/25/2006 showed 18% chose Sirius for Stern-- down from a high of 31% on 7/29/06. The earliest polled date this quarter Stern was the reason of choice for 19%. Bridge estimates that 15% of Q3's news subs are directly because of Howard Stern."

No comments: