Thursday, October 19, 2006

Retail Madness

Christmas Starts in August.

This is a fact of life if you work in retail. Christmas takes months of preperation. It's the most important season of the year. I work for Walgreens, I have for a few years, so i am well aware of this fact. People always ask "You have christmas out already?" and all you can do is smile and nod.

So when I read Cheeto Barrera's article "'It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas,' but it's only October" It occured to me that Cheeto, who I went to high school with, has never worked in retail. This really showed when he asked the question "Is it so necessary to get a month-and-a-half jump on one of the biggest retail seasons?" And the answer is, YES.

I just think it's funny that the same thing happens every year and people are consistently surprised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha it never ceases to amaze me how early stores are with holiday decorations.