Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Books seem to be timeless

I would like to believe that I will give my books to my grandchildren in the future. Music was always a rapidly changing industry that had new technology to replace the old ones. Books have been steadfast for ages. They have made books on tape (and now books on CD) for years, but people still buy the real thing. E-books are available, but from what it sounded like in class today, people don't really like E-books. I for what, absolutely hate E-books. I find it hard to focus, and very frustrating. I'd much rather curl up in bed with a paperback, or go lay by the pool or on a beach. I genuinely don't believe there will be much of a change. Maybe i don't want to believe it. If it did come down to a change in technology, I would still hold on too my books and pass them down to my kids, and grand kids. I hope to do the same thing with my records and Cd's. I have hope that my record player will work in the future still. My parents have an alarm clock that plays 8-tracks that my mom got as a teenager. I don't know if it still plays 8-tracks because we don't have any, but the things is a great alarm clock.

1 comment:

Kelley said...

Aidan or Big? Manolo Blahnik or Jimmy Choo? To Blow or not to blow? Tell us what you prefer and join our Sex and the City presentation group. Contact Kelley or Jessica